Level: Easy | Yields: 4 Servings | Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 20 min
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 thick slices of white bread (can also use brioche or challah)
- 3 tablespoons butter, use more as needed
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, room temp or warmed
- Optional toppings: powdered sugar, fresh berries
- In a medium but shallow mixing bowl. Whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together.
- On the stove and over medium-high heat, lightly butter a griddle or skillet.
- Dip bread in the egg mixture one at a time to evenly soak both sides. Immediately transfer to the hot skillet and cook until golden on each side (about 4 minutes per side). Serve hot with your favorite toppings!