What’s in French Toast Batter?
The key ingredients in French toast, aside from the bread, are milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and one or more spices. Of course, this isn’t really a batter: To make French toast, you mix these ingredients together to create a custard in which to soak your bread.
French Toast Batter Recipe
Ingredients for French Toast Batter
- 6 thick slices of bread (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
Instructions: How to Make French Toast
- Whisk together your custard ingredients (eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and milk) until they are thoroughly combined.
- Heat up your skillet, then add your butter. Leave it over medium heat until it starts bubbling.
- Dip your slices of bread into the egg mixture for a few seconds on each side.
- Fry the soaked bread on both sides until it’s golden brown.